• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CrazeyGranpa47 said:

Also looks like the files that have downloaded are not showing on my Plex

I assume you didn't fix anything with SAB so why would you expect anything different???

Stop SAB before you wind up back where you were with a full docker.img!!!

Post new diagnostics.

3 hours ago, CrazeyGranpa47 said:

should I make the recommended changes?

The one about appdata is the one I was focused on earlier but since your cache is only 120G and you are using it for other things I decided to skip it.

Ideally, your appdata, domains, and system shares should have all their files on cache and these shares should be set to stay on cache. If they have files on the array, your dockers / VMs will have performance impacted by slower parity, and since these files will always be open, if they are on the array, array disks can't spin down.

If you want to we can work on that.

Based on your earlier User Shares screenshot, what I would do is get appdata, domains, system shares all on cache.

Downloads share is set to use cache and that is the one that concerns me since it could potentially cause you to fill cache depending on how much you download daily. If you make it not use cache then it won't fill cache but it would slow down post-processing of those downloads.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

Did your SAB docker ever work? Obviously it couldn't have worked the way it is currently configured but I am wondering if whoever set it up originally had it working and then it got changed somehow.

It has worked fine for over a year / original set up 
I had a guy recently make some changes including updated apps and that's were these problems started. This chap is involved with making apps for this sort of set up.
He did say however it was the first time he had worked with the Unraid OS

47 minutes ago, trurl said:

The one about appdata is the one I was focused on earlier but since your cache is only 120G and you are using it for other things I decided to skip it.

Ideally, your appdata, domains, and system shares should have all their files on cache and these shares should be set to stay on cache. If they have files on the array, your dockers / VMs will have performance impacted by slower parity, and since these files will always be open, if they are on the array, array disks can't spin down.

If you want to we can work on that.

Based on your earlier User Shares screenshot, what I would do is get appdata, domains, system shares all on cache.

Downloads share is set to use cache and that is the one that concerns me since it could potentially cause you to fill cache depending on how much you download daily. If you make it not use cache then it won't fill cache but it would slow down post-processing of those downloads.

Right this is where I get a bit scared because I'm unsure what each thing means for example "appdata, domains, and system shares should have all their files on cache and these shares should be set to stay on cache" 
So can you simply guide me through the steps or is that likely to make things worse?

Getting appdata, domains, system shares moved to cache is a little more complicated than some of those others that Fix Common Problems is talking about, and arguably less important than some. Maybe we will take that up later.

Fix Common Problems is giving you a button within each of those warnings to help you find what needs fixing.

The most important warnings there are those about not having Notifications setup to alert you immediately by email or other agent as soon as a problem is detected. Unraid monitors disk health and other things related to your storage such as disabled or unmountable disks. When you get a problem like this you need to take care of it immediately. Don't let one problem become multiple problems and data loss.

While we're on the subject of data loss, do you have backups of anything important and irreplaceable? Parity is not a substitute for a backup plan.