Mover ignoring share allocation method (Solved)

Hi all,

I've a strange problem where it looks like the mover is ignoring my allocation methods and is only ever moving files from the cache to a single disk.

These are my drives:

image.thumb.png.0ea41441046bae0157613bcbcc19421c.png

All of my shares are set to high water allocation, automatic split and no drives are excluded* like this:

image.thumb.png.d0b3d084844e9c04d9cc55b1aeb7656c.png

*To be clear, there is a single share that I have allocated to one drive using the include/exclude flags but I don't think that's relevant here as this issue is happening with a different drive and different shares.

The problem I have is that every time I run the mover, it's only ever moving data from my cache to Disk 5. As disk 5 is over 50% full, I would have expected it to start distributing data to the other drives which are all less than 50% full. Everything seemed to be working fine until I added Disk 5 and shuffled some data around in order to encrypt the whole array. I've also attached the diagnostic file but I have no idea where to being to start troubleshooting this. Any ideas?

Thanks.

tower-diagnostics-20201204-1025.zip

Edited by Lumpy_BD
Solved

Ahh ok I get it thanks. The part I was misunderstanding was this:

The high water level is initially set equal to one-half of the size of the largest disk

I was under the impression that it works on 50% of the free space on each separate disk, not the largest disk. Makes sense now.

• Like 1