Cannot Boot Unraid in Legacy

Advin

Hello,

I am trying to boot Unraid in legacy mode however my motherboard isn't letting me.

I have an MSI Z390 Pro Carbon and I set it to BOOT+LEGACY.

I inserted the USB and when I go to the boot menu and click either the name of the flash drive with UEFI at the beginning or the standalone flash drive name, it always says that it is not a boot media drive and it asks me to insert one. Is there any debugging steps I should take? I've tried multiple different flash drives and it still only works if I'm booting via UEFI.

Thanks!

Edited by Advin
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2020 at 8:50 AM, Advin said:

Hello,

I am trying to boot Unraid in legacy mode however my motherboard isn't letting me.

I have an MSI Z390 Pro Carbon and I set it to BOOT+LEGACY.

I inserted the USB and when I go to the boot menu and click either the name of the flash drive with UEFI at the beginning or the standalone flash drive name, it always says that it is not a boot media drive and it asks me to insert one. Is there any debugging steps I should take? I've tried multiple different flash drives and it still only works if I'm booting via UEFI.

Thanks!

I had the same problem with the same motherboard, the solution is to open the USB files, in there you should find a batch file called "make_bootable".
Run that as administrator, it will ask you to press a button, enter works fine, after that if everything worked fine just put it back into the unraid machine and it should start right up.