Disk disabled

Phaelo

Got a redball on a disk. I have not shutdown the array or restarted the server yet, but I did unplug the drive and plug it back in to no effect. This drive is roughly a month old. I was not able to get SMART data from the drive so far and have followed the instructions on here up until taking the array offline/rebooting: https://wiki.unraid.net/Troubleshooting#Re-enable_the_drive

Array.JPG

donnager-diagnostics-20201205-2140.zip donnager-smart-20201205-2135.zip

3 hours ago, Phaelo said:

Restarted array and I was able to get the SMART data on the drive now, attached.

donnager-smart-20201205-2231.zip 3.84 kB · 1 download

Reading the SMART data suggests the disk is fine, I would first check the cables to the disk (power and SATA)

If everything looks fine you should be able to:

1. Stop Array

2. Un-assign drive

3. Start Array

4. Stop Array

5. Assign Drive

6. Start Array

Once this has been complete the drive should be added back to the array and any data changes that have happened to the emulated drive in the meantime will be written back to it.

2 hours ago, HNGamingUK said:

Once this has been complete the drive should be added back to the array and any data changes that have happened to the emulated drive in the meantime will be written back to it.

I don't think this would add back the drop disk nor write back the data change.

It should have three choice

1. Rebuild the drop disk

2. Rebuild the parity and lost any data change after disk drop.

3. Perform parity check with correction and lost any data change after disk drop.

Edited by Vr2Io