Unraid not booting

Try to get another computer to boot from the Unraid flash. If that works you know that you need to work on getting your server to boot from that same flash.

And / Or

Try to get something other than Unraid to boot from a flash drive on your Unraid server.

This will help you decide what you need to work on, getting the server configured so it will boot to a flash drive, or getting the Unraid flash drive prepared so it will boot from the server.

Be sure to boot from a USB2 port.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, trurl said:

Try to get another computer to boot from the Unraid flash. If that works you know that you need to work on getting your server to boot from that same flash.

And / Or

Try to get something other than Unraid to boot from a flash drive on your Unraid server.

This will help you decide what you need to work on, getting the server configured so it will boot to a flash drive, or getting the Unraid flash drive prepared so it will boot from the server.

Be sure to boot from a USB2 port.

I tried another computer and it works. I am booting from that flash drive and it does the same thing. I can boot to a windows install USB disk and it is in a usb2 port. What else can I try. This is a very odd issue

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Have you gone into the BIOS itself and toggle the boot order?  Immediately after pressing power, you should be able to spam the F10 or Del key and enter the BIOS.  From there you need to find where you can toggle your boot devices.  In addition, you may want to try re-imaging your flash drive, clicking the Customize button, and selecting UEFI Boot.  Give that a try.

On 12/16/2020 at 12:04 PM, jonp said:

Hi there,

Have you gone into the BIOS itself and toggle the boot order?  Immediately after pressing power, you should be able to spam the F10 or Del key and enter the BIOS.  From there you need to find where you can toggle your boot devices.  In addition, you may want to try re-imaging your flash drive, clicking the Customize button, and selecting UEFI Boot.  Give that a try.

Yes. There is two items listed - the UEFI usb drive for just the usb drive. I have tried both. I have sleected in boot mode. How do I reimage without loosing my data