Hardware change! What to do?

fandi

23 minutes ago, fandi said:

I plan to change the motherboard of my unraid system. Everything else is stays the same. Is there anything I have to consider?

Nope, unless you have VMs with hardware pass through from the old motherboard.  In that case, you may need to change some VM configurations.

unRAID licensing is not tied to any hardware configuration (other than the GUID of the flash drive), so you can change hardware and the system should boot just fine with the current configuration.

I have personally changed my motherboard/CPU/RAM at least four times with the same flash drive and similar unRAID configuration.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, fandi said:

thank you for your answer. What about the harddisk order when starting unraid?

Order of disks or SATA ports is of no concern.  unRAID tracks disks by serial number.  As long as you have the same disks and nothing has happened to change reporting of serial numbers (like plugging into some backplanes), the array will come up as currently configured without issue regardless of the MB SATA ports to which the disks are connected.

• Like 1