Google Photos, Qumagie, or Moments on UNRAID

magistratee

I was just wondering if there was any docker/app that has similar photo categorizing features such as Google Photos, QNAP Qumagie, or Synology Moments.  I know these are very complex and feature filled.  I am just wondering if there are any options out there even if its simple search features.

Thank you.

Edited by magistratee
Clarified title
12 minutes ago, magistratee said:

I was just wondering if there was any docker/app that has similar photo categorizing features such as Google Photos, QNAP Qumagie, or Synology Moments. 

Perhaps try the DigiKam docker container?  It looked fairly full featured when I took a look at it.  I have not really played with it much but it seems very powerful.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

I am also looking for a replacement for my Google Photos.

Thus far, I have used Google Takeout to scrape all of my photos onto my unRaid server.

I am currently using Nextcloud to manage my photos and to do some basic photo sharing, but it is a little clunky for this. I'm played around with both Chevereto and with Photoprism, but find the learning curve a little too steep. I was able to set up mariaDB for Nextcloud using a Spaceinvader tutorial, but unfortunately I have been unable to replicate this for Chevereto or Photoprism.

As far was what I am looking for;

1. a place to store my photos (ok thats easy, my unRaid server)

2. something that makes it easy to organize my photos into albums (nextcloud isn't great for this)

3. somethign that allows me to easily correct metadata (a lot of the metadata got a bit wonky coming over from google)

4. something that will look for duplicates (again, coming in from Google, many duplicates were created)

5. something that makes it easy to share outside my network with a link (ok in this case, nextcloud makes this very easy, but would love to do it from a dedicated photo docker)

I was looking for same and end up with cheap Qnap T-230 for pictures only its very fast and not indexing every time  makes thumbnails and browsing pictures is so fast(64 000 pictures takes 40gb thumbnails storage)

and Unraid for rest VM,Dockers,etc...

I think best is real NAS for this and you have real replacement Google photos and if all family use it is very good investment.

Nextcloud will never load them  its so slow .

Not sure Xpenology VM i read somewhere that works in Unraid and use Synology apps after.

• 2 months later...