unRAID will start up, but cannot access webpage or anything else

thrroow

Let me give a short series of events, because this is clearly something that I did.

Current setup: 6 disks in array, 1 cache, 1 UD, Nvidia GPU for plex, 4 port NIC for pfSense VM

Running out of room on my UD lately, so thought it was time to upgrade.  Added a new one, changed the partition names (made the new drive named the same as the old one, after rsync), erased the old one.  Everything still fine.

Thought it was time to cleanup some other stuff, and change CPU pinnings, among other things.  Why not? BTRFS disk corrupted itself around this time.  Could have been my fault for resetting it while something was writing though.

I changed the CPU pinning for pfSense VM.  Updated the config.  Couldn't remember if I had to edit the XML after I used to the GUI to update it (because of the passed through NIC).  It starts, but VERY slow.  No data passing through the internet.  Weird.  I'll change back to the old CPU assignments.  Now start up again, and it gives me the EFI console screen.  The "exit, continue" did not work.  Tried an older vdisk1.img of pfSense that I had, still same thing.  Tried creating a new Seabios VM and using pfSense's vdisk.  No disk detected. 

Went back through old guide and saw that my syslinux.cfg did not have a line that would ignore the NIC on boot, so that it could be passed through.  Added that line and rebooted.  Kernel panic.  Rebooted again, and booted up ("login:") but no web GUI.  \\tower is accessable but only shows a share for \flash.

At this point I am minorly panicking.  It's been probably a year since I've had any sort of problem near this scale.  I take the USB out, make a backup onto a laptop.  Erase it, put a new unRAID on it, and copy over just the old /config.  Exact same issue - no GUI, nothing is booting.  I can ping the server just fine, just not http.

So, unless my USB drive has completely bricked itself, it has to be something in my /config doing this, right?  What are my next troubleshooting steps?

tl;dr: messed with some settings, syslinux.cfg, rebooted, console boots normally and pings fine, but no web gui (or anything else)