Device encrypted and unlocked

d0kt0ra

Hello, I'm quite new here and I hope I won't piss off a lot of people with my dumb question but.

I have unraid with 4 drives (1 parity) encrypted with key word.

I decided to upgrade it to 8 drives (2 parity). Precleared the new disks. Then first add the second parity - which went smooth. Then add 3 new data drives - which required some file system change and formatting. I did all that and now my new data disks are shown as "Device encrypted and unlocked" which I do not understand - are the encrypted as other drives or not? What should I do to this drives to appear like the rest.

Here is screenshot.

image.png.bde015f25c7201a6a3ac0688ae2e9511.png

There are no dumb questions here. Even if you ask a question that might seem dumb to you, it very well might solve somebody else's problem later when they do a search. 

As a matter of fact I've never personally encountered what your asking so now I'm intrigued and your educating me. ;)

• Like 1

Your first 3 disks are not encrypted, but they contain lots of data, so I can only conclude they were not encrypted before you put data on them, since changing to encryption requires formatting.

And the other 3 disks are encrypted but contain little if any data.

Not sure I understand what your question is.