Split Level Question (SOLVED)

I thought I understood split levels, but perhaps not. 

Here is how the share is setup:

TV Shows

--TV Show Name

----Season Number

-------Show.mkv

For example,

TV Shows

---Game of Thrones

------Season 1

-----------S01E01.mkv

The share split level is set at "Automatically split only the top two directory levels".

Doesn't that mean that the seasons would be kept together?  Meaning all the episodes for a single season would be on the same disk?  So Season 1 on Disk 1 and then Season 14 could be on Disk 4?

Ah, wait.  I see what's happening, I think.  I was going to move some stuff off Disk9 and onto Disk11 manually when I saw a TV show folder that only contained banner.jpg, landscape.jpg and logo.jpg.

Looking further, it appears as though those files hold the artwork for the seasons and are stored in what would be a level that can be split.

For example

-TV Shows

---Mom

------banner.jpg

------landscape.jpg

------logo.jpg

------Season 1

--------------S01E01

--------------S01E02

So in that example, it would be possible for the three .jpg files to exist on a disk by themselves?

unRAID.JPG.6df9858890b7b36084305b863e912e5e.JPG

1367096863_unRAID2.JPG.419c394ba29f6ca0b30988725967326f.JPG

• Spyderturbo007 changed the title to Split Level Question (SOLVED)
On 12/11/2020 at 4:17 PM, itimpi said:

Yes, because the Season 1 folder would be level 3 so cannot exist on more than one drive with Split Level set to 2.

If the split level is set to automatic, would it ever split the files in the highest level directory?

For example these two files on two different disks:

TV Shows/Show/Season 1/episode 1.avi

TV Shows/Show/Season 1/episode 2.avi

I have a problem where I constantly have to manually move files off my first disk because it keeps copying episodes just there instead of the empty disks.. I end up with 1 drive that I constantly have to run unBalance on while I have 4 drives that sit there with loads of room to spare.