Safe reboot via command line

WellThen

It seems my webGUI has partly crashed. I can see everything and notifications keeps showing up everyday, but it can't load dockers and nothing happens when I try to reboot. The server itself seems to be working, I can access my files via Windows and can login with putty. Hopefully a reboot will solve this, but I have tried googling a guide and there seems to be quite a lot of different information on how to actually go about this safely. Could someone please help me by listing the commands I need to use? I am a complete novice using putty.

Great, thank you! Thinking back to when this all started Plex was the first docker to start acting strange. Eventually the problem escalated to other dockers as well and based on solutions given to people with similar problems I deleted the docker image file and reinstalled everything. That got Plex up and running again until this happened. I have tried the powerdown -r command in putty now but the server doesn't seem to be rebooting, I can still access parts of the webGUI.

Edit: I tried rebooting from the webGUI and the same message below appears in putty, so it would appear my server is refusing to restart. 

image.png

Edited by WellThen