I have had no issues upgrading between lots of releases in the past, so got up early thinking this would be as simple as the others.
This is on an AMD Ryzen 7 2700 8 core.
After the restart, the array came up - but that was as good as I got it.
Re pfsense VM : (I can ignore all my other VM's that are for work at this stage)
My autostart VM is pfsense - but when I vnc'ed to it, the last line was 'masks .......' and nothing more was happening - was not boting.
so... this new vfio bind method does not work.
You can see my issues, and others in this post.
So I am back to stage 1 with my unraid upgrade. Maybe 6.8.1 will be better......
Have to give the users a week of stable operation before I try that again.
On the upside, I have installed my PCIE-X1 graphics card, freeing up the High Speed NVME port for future upgrade.