VM can not obtain IP

ntt4

Hi everyone,

I have a really odd issue that I can't work out. Everything on unRaid has been working fine for some time, however, earlier today I restarted unRaid after accidentally setting off Squid's awesome ransomware protection plugin. When I booted back up though, two of my VM's lost internet access via br0, changing them to virbr0 makes no change either. 

I know it's just a freak coincidence, but I have no idea what's going on. Two of the VM's (Espio and InvoiceNinja) work fine, the other two (Charmy and Mailserver) have no internet access at all. All four VM are running Debian. 

I've tried changing the bridge from br0 to virbr0 and back again. No effect.

I've tried restarting unRaid and my router. Nothing.

I've tried changing the IP allocation on my router and changing the MAC address in the VM settings. Nada.

On the two that are down, I just get the following when running IP ADDR SHOW on the VM;

2: enp1s0 <BROADCAST,MULTICAST> mtu 1500 qdisc noop state DOWN group default qlen 1000

link/ether 52:54:00:fa:dc:2d brd ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff

Trying to run ping on the two affected VM's just gives a Network Unreachable error.

I'm out of ideas. I would appreciate any help. I've attached diagnostics to this post.

Thanks!

=======================

Update!

Changing the Chipset from Q35-2.7 to i440fx-2.10 on the two VM"s that didn't see a network seems to have worked. I have had to boot into the VM's and reassign the network to ens3 instead of the previous enpXsX. The other two are fine still running on Q35. Could anyone explain why this is? It seems to be a very odd bug.

shadow-diagnostics-20180121-1234.zip

Archived