FreeNAS to Unraid Migration - Temp Build Help

bigzaj

I have been running FreeNAS for many years, most recently using dual Xeon 2670v2 processors.  I think I am finally ready to move to Unraid for simplicity of management. I also want to start upgrading to HEVC / H265 files to reduce storage requirements.  From what I have read utilizing hardware transcoding with a P2000 will be as good or better than my dual Xeon.  Additionally I really want to move to a lower power / fewer HDD model.  I currently use a Supermicro SC847 case with redundant 1350w PSU with 20 WD 6TB HDDs.  I was hoping for some guidance.

Questions:

- Can I re-use this case with something like a Ryzen or will I have an issue with the redundant PSU?

- Can I build a temp setup using onboard SATA to migrate to unraid then move into the SC847 using SAS? (Assuming this is a benefit of Unraid with the hardward change post build) 

- Are there other chassis (not Norco) that I should put on my radar if the ultimately goal is to start minimizing footprint / power?