Media Server build

AS007

I’m looking to build an energy efficient home unraid server. The main purpose will be a media server for me and my family, along with household storage and other fun stuff. The server will be connected to my network at 10GB. My budget is £1500-£2000, hopefully less.

The server will host 10-15 dockers (Plex/emby/Tautulli/Ombi/Mariadb/Unifi/Shinobi/Grafana/Bitwarden/Openvpn/Nextcloud/HA). In turn, the server will connect to my seedbox, where Sonarr / Radarr / rtorrent / Synching live and do their thing. The server will also host around 3 VM’s (W10/Ubuntu/Kali). These will not be running at the same time, but be able to handle, if that ever arises.

From my understanding, plex will only transcode if the client can’t direct play, but I could be confused there.  That should not be a problem as the clients I have are 2x Nvidia shield (family and master) and 3x Firestick 4k, one in each of the kid’s bedrooms. There should only be 1 person, the wife who may use her phone to access content from outside of the house, where transcoding may appear.

I’m not 100% sure what hardware I would need, so I’m looking for a bit of advice. This is what I have picked so far. These use around 270watts. That figure is from PC partpicker.

Intel I7-10700

Noctua NH-12s

MSI Z480 Gaming Plus

G. Skill Ripjaw V 32GB

4x WD Red 8TB (1x parity, 3x array)

2x 500GB M.2 (cache/Dockers/VMs)

1x WD Purple 1TB (CCTV)

Asus XG-C100C 10 Gbit/s network card

LSI SAS-SATA raid controller

Corsair SF 600 W 80+ Platinum PSU

Would this build be okey, or does anyone have a better idea? Thanks