(SOLVED) Screen freeze when mouse moves in game on Windows 10

I’ve recently changed my unraid machine to have a 2700X and an ASUS X570-p motherboard and currently running a windows 10 vm on this with a 290x passed through.

(extra info, I have the sata controller and the usb controller passed through at PCI level and running q35-5.2 on 6.9.0)

now to the actual problem, when in a game (Teardown and GTA5 tested so far) whenever I move the mouse, the screen freezes until I’ve stopped moving the mouse. I first thought this was GPU struggling or CPU but looking at the usage nothing changes doing this vs just letting the game render as normal.

I’ve tried isolating the last 4 cores/8 threads and assigning just those to the VM but no luck. Is there anything blatantly obvious that would cause this?

EDIT: So just incase anyone else has this issue. I've found a separate PCIE USB card doesn't have this issue when passed through!

Edited by Driftall
Added solution

So after some more digging, it seems to be the same issue shown here:

And down to the polling rate of the mouse (being 1000hz), even though the full USB controller is passed through.

Is there anything I can do to combat this, is it down to the x570 usb controller and a separate PCIE one would work better?

• Driftall changed the title to (SOLVED) Screen freeze when mouse moves in game on Windows 10