Use iGPU in Plex for HW acceleration with nvidia gpu installed

RMG

Recently, I bought a quadro p400 for my unraid server. Its purpose is to encode video files in handbrake. However I still want to use quicksync for HW acceleration in Plex. Both Plex and Handbrake are installed as containers. The problem I have is that plex no longer detects my iGPU and does all the transcode with the CPU which I don't want it to. 

When I check the dev/dri directory two cards appear now and I don't know if plex can't find the iGPU or if it doesn't know where to look. I have checked the BIOS settings and enabled the iGPU and I have also bought an HDMI dummy to plug into the motherboard. Is there a way to direct Plex to the iGPU? I cannot find any thread that solves this specific problem so if either you could point me to it or help me I would thank you a lot.

unraid terminal.png

• 1 year later...

Bump..

Were you able to figure this out? I have the same problem.

The Intel igpu works great HW transcoding. The moment I install my old AMD Video Card, HW transcoding stops working. I've tried everything but can't get plex to use the igpu with additional AMD video card installed.

If I pull the AMD card, and plug it back into the iGPU, plex starts transcoding again....I can't not figure out how to force plex to use the Igpu..

• 2 months later...
On 8/5/2022 at 12:54 AM, artsy99 said:

Bump..

Were you able to figure this out? I have the same problem.

The Intel igpu works great HW transcoding. The moment I install my old AMD Video Card, HW transcoding stops working. I've tried everything but can't get plex to use the igpu with additional AMD video card installed.

If I pull the AMD card, and plug it back into the iGPU, plex starts transcoding again....I can't not figure out how to force plex to use the Igpu..

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the exact same issue. Thanks.