Portable VM instance? Run VM created in Unraid on virt-manager

Background: I am planning a trip for the next several weeks and would like to take my workstation VM image with me and install it on a different machine during my travel. Considering my workstation is just a vdisk image and as far as I am aware, Unraid is just running qemu, I thought this would be easy.

So I installed:

qemu-kvm libvirt-daemon-system libvirt-clients bridge-utils virtinst virt-manager

Then took a copy of my vdisk1.img and attempted to boot it in virt-manager with no luck. The VM has a bios of i440fx-4.2 and virt-manager only has i440fx as a option, so that could be a issue I guess. I also suspect that EDK2 (tianocore) is also holding me back here. I see plenty of posts etc.. about trying to run Unraid in a VM, but have yet to find any documentation about how to run a VM created in unraid somewhere other then in unraid.

I guess I could just buy another key and use that for 3 weeks while I am away from my server, but looking to avoid that since I will have little to no use for it long term.