Network alternative for VM

Hello, is there a known way where I can emulate or otherwise pass networking into a VM in any ways other than the out of the box virtio method? I have a use case where I have a crypto mining OS (Rave OS/Hive OS) running on my primary GPU when I am not using it for gaming/ect, the problem being that the out-of-the-box version of those operating system does not have any kernel/driver support for virtio and cannot leverage the standard VM networking. My current "ugly" workaround for this is that I have a USB ethernet dongle in which I pass thru to the VM (as a single USB device) and is able to work in that manner just fine.  I would rather not tamper with the mining OS as any changes I make would be subject to be blown away by any of its OS updates that come thru, ideally there could be something I could leverage in KVM to give it the more "typical hardware" network interface that the OS is expecting.

Odd thought I had as I typed this out, is it odd that virtio networking cant run thru these, yet the USB device passthru, presumably thru some manner of virtio, is able to work?

Another technique that strikes me as worth a shot is how the adapter type is manually tweaked to something the VM config UI doesn't offer in the XML in SpaceInvaders MacInaBox videos for OSX compatibility, I'll have to try that tonight

Thanks for the read/consideration

I guess I answered my own question once I got a chance to try it out; I basically made the following change to make the network node to appear as such,  and the VM was able to start and work with networking as expected!

<model type='virtio-net'/>

to

<model type='e1000-82545em'/>

<interface type='bridge'>
      <mac address='52:54:00:53:be:20'/>
      <source bridge='br0'/>
      <target dev='vnet1'/>
      <model type='e1000-82545em'/>
      <alias name='net0'/>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x01' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
    </interface>