Unraid 6.9.2: Docker Unable to Check for Update, nginx timeout

Hi All, 

I have only recently started experiencing this on 6.9.2, so I'm not exactly sure what could have changed. 

Whenever I use the `Check For Update` button in the docker page, The 'checking for update' spinning continues forever, and nothing changes until I reload the page. 

It looks like there is an nginx timeout when calling the docker update. 

Sep 1 12:30:50 Unraid nginx: 2021/09/01 12:30:50 [error] 18151#18151: *103716 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading response header from upstream, client: 192.168.1.113, server: , request: "POST /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/DockerUpdate.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock", host: "unraid", referrer: "http://unraid/Docker"

As far as I can work out, the script is running without issue, but the front-end is timing out from the back-end. (Just a guess). 

I can see there are threads regarding this for 6.8.x but I believe the fixes are all rolled into 6.9.x anyway. 

Diagnostics attached. 

unraid-diagnostics-20210901-1240.zip

Edited by sataris
Add unraid version to title
  • OngoingDetonator changed the title to Unraid 6.9.2: Docker Unable to Check for Update, nginx timeout
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

I'm seeing the same issue when updating bigger containers, like home assistant for example.

Apr 21 09:21:48 Unraid nginx: 2022/04/21 09:21:48 [error] 24977#24977: *6025115 upstream timed out (110: Connection timed out) while reading upstream, client: 172.17.0.2, server: , request: "GET /plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/include/CreateDocker.php?updateContainer=true&ct[]=home-assistant HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php5-fpm.sock:", host: "myurl", referrer: "https://myurl/Docker"

Is there a way to increase the fastcgi timeout setting ? I've got my HAProxy in front of unraid set to a 15 minutes timeout, which is a bit more reasonable for that use case, it'd be nice to get nginx to the same.

Does't impact anything, the update still completes in the background, it's just not a great user experience.

Thanks