GPU Passthrough help

So i think im super close to successfully passing through my amd 5700xt gpu to a windows vm but im still having issues after watching spaceinvaderone’s videos. I have successfully booted the windows vm on VNC but once I switch it to my gpu it causes some weird occurrences.

Things I’ve done so far:

-in tools>System Devices, I’ve selected all devices associated with my gpu to bind to vfio at boot.

-in settings>vm manager, I’ve enabled pcie override to “both”

- in my windows 10vm, here are my settings:

machine: Q35-5.1

BIOS: OVMF

Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX 5600 OEM/5600XT / 5700/5700XT (03:00.0)

Graphics ROM BIOS: AMD.RX5700XT.8192.190616.rom

Sound Card: AMD Navi 10 HDMI Audio (03:00.1)

I’ve also gone into the xml and added the multifunction=‘on’ to my gpu and changed the audio slot to match the gpu slot (0x05) and changed the function on the audio to 0x1.

I think my main issue is that for some reason Unraid still uses my gpu when I boot it up and I don’t know why… it runs a bunch of the startup commands and then hangs with a blinking cursor at this line:

’vfio-pci 0000:03:00.0 vgaarb: changed VGA decodes: olddecodes=io+mem,decodes=io+mem:owns=io+mem, but I know the rest of the code finishes because I can remotely access the server after a few seconds. But my display is completely unresponsive once it hits that line.

if I start the windows vm it starts successfully but my screen is still frozen on the unraid boot command above and doesn’t show to vm.

does anyone know how to get my gpu Passthrough working, or if I’m missing something?

image.jpg

Edited by Lountz