Gathering components to build my first unRAID server.

Condor1919

I want my unRAID server to:

1. Be my gaming/productivity machine (Windows 10 Pro). (does not have to be the highest performing gaming rig, just above average) (Example: 100 fps 1080p with high settings for Division 2, Halo, Destiny, COD, Madden) Be able to stream, youtube videos and editing.

2. Run my PLEX server(currently an Ubuntu 20.04 VM but I will probably switch it to Docker) I have 6TB currently. I plan to have 16TB total for expansion and video editing space.

3. Run the following VMs: MacOS Big Sur, Ubuntu 20.04, Windows 11. These are mostly for testing. 

My Budget is $3000

My current build list is:

- AMD Ryzen 7 5700G - I want to use the integrated graphics to boot unRAID server and save me a GPU card slot

- ASUS ROG Strix X570-E - I plan to use both M.2 slots to RAID 1 a SAMSUNG 980 SSD 1TB. It has 8 SATA connectors. (I will use 3 to start)

- Antec P101 Case - I want good air flow(fan setup), modular, and quiet. I don't care about RGB or color for the case

- Corsair RMX Series, RM850x, 850 Watt Power Supply

- MSI GeForce VD7626 RTX 2060 - This will be the passthrough to my Gaming/Productivity VM. Chose this mainly due to availability and price.  I just want better than average gaming ( I am flexible on this)

-  GEFORCE GT 710 2GB GPU - Passthrough for my PLEX Server

- 2 SAMSUNG 980 SSD 1TB NVMe drives and 3 Seagate BarraCuda 8TB 3.5 SATA Hard Drives - I plan to RAID 1 the the two Samsung NVMes and use 2 of the Seagates for data with the 3rd being a parity drive.

- 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3200 - for 64GB RAM

What do you think? I have questions about how the cache drive and parity drives work in unRAID also.

Thanks for the responses