[SOLVED] Broadcom Wifi Card passthrough

Hi guys,

I have a fairly well working Big Sur VM with dedicated GPU, USB controller, a EFI with support for sound and apple services...

But I'm beaten by Broadcom's wifi cards which I'm trying to set up in order to be able to use Airdrop and other services like it.

My Hardware:

Asus Prime Z270-A

Intel i7-7700K

32GB DDR4

Sapphire RX560

GTX 1070 (Not used for Macos)

The problem is that whenever I try to pass the wifi part of the card, the VM crashes during boot and unraid logs are providing the following message:

vfio_err_notifier_handler (Card's address) Unrecoverable error detected. Please collect any data possible and then kill the guest

The Bluetooth part of the card is passed successfully as part of my USB controller and is detected by the VM.

When I try to pass the card to another OS, for example windows, it is detected and then it crashes when I try to install the driver and then the VM is broken until I use fail safe mode to disable the driver otherwise it doesn't go past POST stage.

I have tried 2 cards: a fenvi fv-t919 bought specifically for that purpose and a T6E lying around that I was using a few years before when my computer was not yet running unraid but a normal windows install. Both cards are providing exactly similar results.

My problem is similar to this topic:

However, we don't have exactly the same motherboard, so I tried tinkering with my Thunderbolt settings but when it doesn't stop my PC from posting it simply doesn't change anything to the problem...

Appreciate any advice, ideas !

Edited by BlackShift
  • 10 months later...
  • BlackShift changed the title to [SOLVED] Broadcom Wifi Card passthrough