Cache Pool being written to death, now with overheating

UNRAID5

Hi there,

Grasping at straws a bit here, but figured I would post anyway.... I have seen a number of posts about unraid writing unduly large amounts of data to cache pools, but I haven't really seen any solutions. It appears this issue is still fairly uncertain as to why it's happening and exactly how to resolve it, since it's only seemingly happening to smaller subset of users. Here are my details:

Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE motherboard

2 x ADATA SX8200 2TB NVME plugged in to an M.2 PCIe SSD Adapter Card w/ bifurcation

BTRFS RAID1

MBR: 1MiB-aligned

Power on hours 11,617

Data units written 915,416,617 [468 TB]

So you can see it writes nearly 1TB per day, a bit excessive. The latest drama is that out of the blue, the SSD temps are skyrocketing to the 60C range with nothing changing in the server. I can't help but suspect that all the writing has caused accelerated wear and the SSD's are starting down a path of permanent irreversible failure. In hopes of not having to buy new 2TB NVME SSD's every 1.5-2 years, I was wondering what others thoughts would be about what to try to do to perhaps salvage my SSD's before they call it quits.

Thanks!