Setup recommendations to reduce SSD failures in my future build?

Hi guys,

I have been running UnRAID on my main NAS for a couple of years now and it's been great (for the most part), I have however been having issues with my SSD's failing over time (I'm now on my 3rd replacement SSD) in my BTRFS mirrored cache pool. - I have configured, setup and have been using a "Cache pool" for VM's, Docker Containers and for storage cache.

I have a second license for UnRAID too and I am currently in the process of moving my existing storage, virtual machines and Docker containers over to the new server and was wondering if there is anything I could do to prevent/reduce the likelihood of more SSD failure in future (i've seen that this appears to be quite common on UnRAID)...

I was therefore thinking about this, and thought I'd double check my understanding of this problem/wanted to ask you guys, given that I don't really need a "cache pool" - I'm more than happy for everything to go directly to the storage array (file transfer wise) - am I right in assuming that the common issues with SSD's wearing out (due to excessive writes on UnRAID) are generally caused when they are used as an/in a UnRAID Cache Pool and, if I was to to look at using the "Unassigned Drives"  configuration instead for my VM's and Docker Containers storage instead that this may improve/fix these excessive writes?

Thanks in advance - Any recommendations would be much appreciated!

Regards,

Bobby