HUSBZB-1 Stick difficulty.

I'm trying to use a HUSBZB-1 stick and I can't get it to work. I've passed the /dev/ttyUSB0 or USB1 devices to containers but no luck. It's well documented that the USB0 is the zwave and the USB1 is the zigbee.

In Home Assistant, the zigbee is recognized and HA suggests installing the ZHA integration. Doing that give the serial number of the stick but it just won't open the radio and ultimately fails.

In zwavejs2MQTT it's the same thing, I can't get the zwave radio to work. 

I tried this container - https://github.com/walthowd/husbzb-firmware by passing the /dev/ttyUSB1 device and I was able to update the radio just fine.  Yet, passing the same /dev/ttyUSB1 device to  HA fails to work.

I tried searching for the HA error in HA but there were only a couple of unresolved threads. Searching for using this stick just says passing the USB0 and USB1 devices works fine. I know those devices can change, but no point changing to a more permanent device mapping until it works.

Right now I'm thinking the stick is simply bad, but I wanted to check here in case I'm missing something.

Edited by lionelhutz