6.10.0 RC2 - USB Disk Died & Replaced / Cache Issues - "Transport endpoint not connected"

skidz7
Go to solution Solved by skidz7,

Background:  

Last night Unraid quit responding, tried rebooting and it wouldn't come back up - was giving errors related to USB disk - realized the disk was dying - ended up having to replace it. (Sandisk Cruzer Micro - had it less than 5 months)

Had a ZIP backup that was a month or so old and restored that to a new Flash drive/updated key, etc.  Got things back online but realized quickly that the backup was from a moment in time prior to a cache drive swap I did, so essentially the system and appdata shares that were set to Cache:prefer suddenly were pointed to the old cache drive.

I immediately backed up both the old and new cache drive to an unassigned disk - but now I'm having some issues getting the new cache drive to work properly.  I've been able to format it, but the moment I set any share to cache:prefer and then initiate the mover for a share  - I get a mover error that says "Tansport endpoint is not connected" and all of the shares disappear.

I work in IT so I'm pretty familiar with technology - but I'm a little in the dark with some of the magic that Unraid does under the hood.  I can't seem to get any caching to work properly following this USB replacement.  I've done a lot of searching in the forum and on Reddit but my situation appears to be a unique combination of issues that I haven't seen someone else report/solve.

Any advice or suggestions would be much, much appreciated.

I did try rebooting in safe mode and that seemed to prevent the Transport Endpoint error with one of the test shares I created - I'm currently working on disabling different software/plugins to see if I can figure out what's affecting that.

in the meantime I've attached diagnostics in case that helps.  I do use Docker but have it disabled for the moment until I can iron all of this out.

Here's an example of the error when trying to run mover:

Jan 15 19:50:13 X1 move: create_parent: /mnt/disk8/system error: Transport endpoint is not connected
Jan 15 19:50:13 X1 move: move_object: /mnt/disk8/system: Transport endpoint is not connected
Jan 15 19:50:13 X1 kernel: shfs[10088]: segfault at 0 ip 00000000004043cc sp 0000152893a6d780 error 4 in shfs[402000+c000]
Jan 15 19:50:13 X1 kernel: Code: 48 8b 45 f0 c9 c3 55 48 89 e5 48 83 ec 20 48 89 7d e8 48 89 75 e0 c7 45 fc 00 00 00 00 8b 45 fc 48 63 d0 48 8b 45 e0 48 01 d0 <0f> b6 00 3c 2f 74 43 8b 05 67 df 00 00 85 c0 78 2f e8 fe df ff ff

x1-diagnostics-20220115-1941.zip

Edited by skidz7
  • Solution

Update - I uninstalled all plugins, downgraded unraid to the previous stable release, and so far having luck after re-creating my system and appdata shares, re-setting up my docker containers (They needed a serious cleanup anyways) - and so far making progress.