End user choose own password for share? self-service share password setting/update

Foozle

I'm in the process of moving a legacy smb server onto unraid.  I'll have about 20 shares across approximately 15 users.

The vast majority of these users are remote and won't be in the office any time soon.  Some are not even currently on this continent.  (All shares accessed via vpn into central network - not over bare internet)

I need to make user accounts for each of these people but it prompts me for a password - I don't want to know people's passwords - I don't want to have to assign them.  I'd like them to be able to pick their own password somehow.

As far as I can tell, I have 2 options - pick a password and tell them about it, or screenshare my screen and let them type their password into the box.  Both are not very good solutions.  

Am I missing some obvious functionality here?  I know there are a lot of 'single user' home unraid boxes, but based on the comments I read there are a bunch of other people using these in small businesses. 

How do you all solve this issue?  A simple "password only" section of the admin page would be great, so the users could be given a temporary password and then told to update it.

Alternatively, are there any plugins or docker apps that might have this functionality?  Or ones that could be made to work?