[SOLVED] Docker containers stuck in rebuilding - how to stop?

Hi!

I did something stupid, I first tried to add VueTorrent-UI to binhex-qbittorrentVPN but failed somehow and got 

Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed

when trying to open the web-UI. Removed what files I added for VueTorrent to /appdata and thought I'd try to remove the container and re-add it. Here's when I f*cked up. I had a few other containers routed through binhex-qbittorrentVPN and now the Docker tab is stuck in a rebuilding loop. I can't add the container back either since the "add container" box is greyed out. 

Is there a way to kill the rebuild via terminal without having to nuke everything? Or anyone have any other way of solving this to return to normal so I could try out VueTorrent again? :)

32322002_Skrmavbild2022-01-30kl_15_31_38.thumb.png.0ed1baa125709affac8fb57ad6af3c79.png

Edited by kim_sv
Solved

Ok, managed to edit all the containers that was network dependent on (routed through) binhex-qbittorrentVPN and that got me out of the loop. I set them to bridge instead. I then re-added the binhex-qbittorrentVPN container using the user template. But the problem with "Unacceptable file type, only regular file is allowed" still persist. Is there a way to edit some .conf or .json file to undo my previous mistake with trying to add an alternative web-UI? This really isn't my territory so bare with me if this is super simple to fix..

YES! :D I managed to solve it! It was a typo in the alternative web-UI file path.

The solution was, after the above to get out of the loop, to stop all docker containers and edit the path line in qBittorrent.conf found in the appdata folder.

This is the line to look for if anyone is wondering:

WebUI\RootFolder=

For a novis like me it's a great satisfaction to be able to solve something myself. 🥳

• Yivey_unraid changed the title to [SOLVED] Docker containers stuck in rebuilding - how to stop?
  • 5 months later...

You saved my ass here. This loop was driving me absolutely crazy, I was about ready to nuke the whole system. Thanks so much and nice job figuring it out!

So this pops up for more people who might be searching for the issue:

Unraid server docker container was stuck in a loop rebuilding because its network was set such that it was dependent on another docker that no longer existed. Simply editing the Docker attempting to rebuilt itself and changing the network solved the problem!

Edited by Bulletoverload
Apostrophe
  • Like 1
  • 1 year later...