Unraid Bricked

I have 22 days remaining to make my decision on purchasing unraid as my home lab environment. So far this has not been a great experience, mostly because of drive issues, replaced two for hardware failure and a third has bad media... awaiting that replacement. I add this bit because drive 4 sdg is still installed.

1. The parity check has never finished - it gets stuck at 840 GB (93.3%) and the server seems to brick

2. The GUI both on the server and remotely appears to work - but does not actually manage the server. I can report and change views, but the server function does not appear to be operating

3. Yesterday when I pulled a diagnostic report the fans went nuts and the server was physically not responding - had to pull the power cord to get it shutdown

I assume I have missed something basic that any experienced HPE tech would have assumed... here is the diagnostics:

histower-diagnostics-20220403-1025.zip histower-diagnostics-20220402-2119.zip histower-diagnostics-20220402-2008.zip