I'm stuck flashing LSI 2008-based SAS controller into IT mode

Hey guys! I'm on my 3rd SAS controller that I'm trying to flash (Cisco 2008M-8i) and am hitting a wall every single time. The error I'm getting on this card is "Failed to validate MfgPage2 !" when running the command sas2flsh.exe -o -f 2118it.bin

Here's the guide I'm primarily following (LSI 2008 MegaRAID section): https://wiki.unraid.net/Crossflashing_Controllers#LSI_MegaRAID_with_SAS2008_chipsets

I've tried numerous versions of sas2flsh (BIOS and UEFI, P5, P7, P10, P11, P19, P20, even sas2hax) and multiple 2118it.bin firmware files (v5, v7, v10, v11, v19, v20) with no luck. Every single combo I've tried gives me the same failed to validate error.

I haven't been successful on any of my 3 different make/model cards with any sort of IT/HBA mode. Obviously I'm doing something wrong as there's no way I've got bad luck with 3 different type of cards in a row.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've spent hours on this!

• 3 months later...

I have tried so many options to get this to work.

I even went to the Cisco support downloads for the C220 M3 firmware HUU to attempt and extract the LSI Cisco firmware.

That is what is needed in order to flash page 2 of the NVRAM which is causing your error.

I got the same on mine and then that is what lead me down the journey.

Do you happen to have the UCSC SAS 2008M-8i firmware?