MSI 880GMA-E53 Level One

Chuck

System details can be found here: http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=11147.0

Server has been up 74 days. It took me that long to add 10% of the total volume size. The whole 10.5 TB of data has been added since this box was built late last year, and I have had zero problems. I just kept taking it down to make changes for a while.

unRAID version is 4.7 final.

This is a great mobo for someone wanting 8 onboard SATA ports. The only things I would change if doing over is I would get an Atom or Fusion mobo, one with remote console like the Supermicro (cannot think of what they call it). I run this box headless. But I would not hesitate to use this board again. It has exceeded my expectations.

FYI to make the messages file fit, I had to strip out duplicate file messages, along with errors from a few "rmdir *" commands I ran do clean up empty dirs.

This was done by running: egrep -v " duplicate object:"\|"Directory not empty" syslog >syslog.u

I then split the syslog.u file into four files using the split command, renamed them syslog.[1-4].txt, and uploaded.

syslog.1.txt

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the update. I built a server based on this board after reading some of your prior posts. Sadly, it seems that this motherboard has been discontinued, so I won't be able to build another. The native 8 sata ports are really handy, even though two of them are on the marvell. The only caution I would add is to always use a low TDP CPU (=<95W), since the VRM lacks protection and its spec has reports of being overrated.

Archived