Slow transfer speeds when using VM

A bit of a long story, but hopefully its just an easy fix that I'm missing. 

I have 2 unraid servers, lets call them A and B. A is mostly for VMs while B is mostly for storage. I have a VM (windows) on A that I use to move things around, and as such it has quite a few shares mapped using the traditional windows way (map drive, \\192.168.1.A\share, or 192.168.1.B\share). Things map just fine, and no real issues disconnecting or anything. The issue is that the speed when moving/copying files using the VM is not what it should be, it hovers around 60MB/s (direction does not matter, A to B or B to A problem still persists). It is not an issue regarding the array/cache arrangement, as you will see below. 

I have tried numerous things to test, and I think the clearest example is between 2 Unassigned SSDs, that for the purposes of this test were not being used for anything else at the moment. To be extra clear, I even put in a different NIC in each server to make sure that it wasn't anything bottlenecking the transfers. Using MC to transfer directly between the SSDs, the transfer maxes out the gigabit, as it should be. Using the VM to transfer the same file between the disks, its the same 60MB/s. 

When using a different computer to transfer, there is no issue. All of the transfers go full gigabit, regardless of cache, array etc.

To make things stranger still, a VM on server B, copying the same file to the same disks, has no issue, works just fine. A different VM on server A has the same issue, hovers around 60MB/s. And heres the best part, if I copy the VM from server B to Server A, copy the settings so theyre all the same, test again, the issue still is there.

So it must be something to do with server A? I did recently change server A from a custom server to and HP gen9. I don't recall this being an issue before then, but I could just not have been paying attention. 

Any ideas would be very helpful.