Windows 10 VM multiple issues with mouse and resolution

I installed a windows 10 VM using all the default settings and it has given me nothing but weird issues. Using the default graphics driver, the mouse periodically just stops working. I tried multiple fixes for this based on forum posts, and after reinstalling the virtio drivers the mouse worked again. For exactly one day. I have tried multiple mice, and nothing works. I managed to install teamviewer on the VM and remoted into the machine, and the mouse worked fine. I really don't want to have to remote desktop into my VM every time I need to administer it so I started trying other fixes. I have now got mouse control using the cirrus graphics drivers, but now I am limited to 800x600 resolution. I see many posts about this same issue. Is there really no way to run a windows 10 VM in unraid without it breaking like this? I am fine running the cirrus drivers, but I can't squint at the computer at 800x600. So my questions are:

1. Is there a way to run a windows 10 VM with QEMU drivers and have a working mouse?

2. Is there a way to increase the resolution with the cirrus drivers above 800x600?

This is quite frustrating. I have been an unraid user for years and have nothing but loved it. That is, until I started trying to do VMs that are non linux. There has to be a solution for this and I am willing to try anything to get it to work so I don't have to build a whole different computer to run my smart home/camera software. 

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. I have been at this with help from some friends for days, and the best we have gotten to actually control the mouse is using the cirrus drivers and I am getting too old to see 800x600 :D not to mention I can't even click where I need to on that small a screen. 

I can post diagnostics if that would help solve these issues.