SMBD check_account: Failed to convert SID xxxxxx to a UID (dom_user[xxx\administrator])

Ati2

I'm a new Unraid user, and this is the second time I've have this issue over the past 2-3 weeks. Basically, I can't mount any share as my domain administrator account due to the error in the subject line.  However I can mount the same share using a different domain account. 

If do a wbinfo -i for the administrator, I get the following:

wbinfo -i administator
failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for user administator

If I do it for another account, it works fine and I can mount a share under this account

wbinfo -i userx
userx:*:41101234:411012306:userx:/home/AD/userx:/bin/false

If I check the status of the domain join, it's fine as well - net ads info and status both output as expected.

The first time this happened I ended up rebooting and rejoining the domain. Obviously, this is not an acceptable solution and hopefully someone has a solution..

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Incase anyone runs into this issue, it seems Unraid is using a deprecated idmap backend as the default. Check this thread as users have reported this multiple times in the past.  The settings in the link did resolve my issue.

Unraid-  change the default idmap backend so more people don't have to waste their time.

• Like 4
  • 2 months later...
On 10/23/2022 at 8:21 PM, Ati2 said:

I'm a new Unraid user, and this is the second time I've have this issue over the past 2-3 weeks. Basically, I can't mount any share as my domain administrator account due to the error in the subject line.  However I can mount the same share using a different domain account. 

If do a wbinfo -i for the administrator, I get the following:

wbinfo -i administator
failed to call wbcGetpwnam: WBC_ERR_DOMAIN_NOT_FOUND
Could not get info for user administator

If I do it for another account, it works fine and I can mount a share under this account

wbinfo -i userx
userx:*:41101234:411012306:userx:/home/AD/userx:/bin/false

If I check the status of the domain join, it's fine as well - net ads info and status both output as expected.

The first time this happened I ended up rebooting and rejoining the domain. Obviously, this is not an acceptable solution and hopefully someone has a solution..

Thanks.

Thanks for this.  I just installed unraid and just joined the forums to say thanks.  This helped me solve the same issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to hear that it helped you. It was such a pain to deal with as the issue would come up randomly a few days after reboot. I asked Unraid to fix it in the next version and set the idmap backend correctly. Hope they do.

• Like 1