File Permission Problems with Files created with a Docker container on unraid

enk

Hi, perhaps you input how I could solve this Problem.

Short overview, I am using Kopia to create backups. Which are generally just files that are written on a share.

Iam using the Kopia Docker container to create Backups on unraid and a different client on my desktop. If I do an backup with kopia on unraid with the docker container it creates files with drwxr-xr-x instead of drwxrwxrwx, which results in my Desktop isn't able to backup anymore (access denied, restoring them with chmod works). Fixing it after every Backup seems like a bad Hotfix.

Is there a way to run Docker container a different user? I looks like it just runs as root and creates files like the root user will. And why do files have different permissions that are written to the share via smb, then what the root user creates.

Do you have an Idea?

Cheers Michael

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I solved it by using Kopia on every System via the same service (Webdav) to connect to the share.

At first I was using ssh/sftp to connect my Desktop to unraid with a specific user and for the backups on unraid with the docker container I directly went file based.

9 hours ago, enk said:

I solved it by using Kopia on every System via the same service (Webdav) to connect to the share.

At first I was using ssh/sftp to connect my Desktop to unraid with a specific user and for the backups on unraid with the docker container I directly went file based.

Thanks! That is a much cleaner solution that my cron changing folder permissions routinely.