[SOLVED] No Access to Unraid Shares After Disabling Cache

Hi Guys,

I have an issue with Unraid in that i can no longer map my shares from Windows after disabling the cache. I originally disabled the cache as i noticed 150GB of files were not moving to the array even manually forcing the mover script. I can access Unraid via the web interface and all the data seems to be there as far as i can tell (drives seem to show the space has been used). A parity check has been run and this passes with no errors.

I even tried updating from 4.7 to the latest beta but this did not help. I'm really keen not to have to rebuild as i don't have enough space elsewhere to relocate the data.

Has anyone experienced this issue before, if so what did you do to solve it?

I can post a log file but not sure how to do this as i can't even map the flash share.

Regards,

Adz

Enabling or disabling a cache drive should have no effect on your user shares (except for the cache share, of course).  If data was not being moved off the cache drive, then either the rest of your array is full, your array is invalid (missing 2 or more disks), or some other screwy thing is going on.

If a parity check passes with no errors, then your array should be valid.  Are you sure it isn't just full?

There are ways to capture a syslog from the system console or via Telnet.  Instructions can be found in the wiki.  If you can still access the web interface, there's ways to obtain a syslog through there as well.

If you can still access the web interface, have you verified that user, disk, and flash shares are enabled?

I'm afraid I can't offer much more help until I see your syslog.  If you still have trouble accessing your syslog through one of the above methods, just let me know.

Hi All,

Some good news I've managed to get back into my shares again. Essentially i backed up my Unraid install and then reformatted the USB stick and loaded beta 5.08b. I then copied share config files and my pro install key. Everything fired up alright after reassigning the disk, parity check and running the permissions util. I have no idea why the problem occurred the first place but there may have been some corrupt files on the USB stick.

Back to my original issue about some files never leaving the cache disk, i think this is because i had my split level set 1 on all shares (i've now put it on 999). When i ran the new mover script manually i could see a lot of messages in the log about drives being full (this is the case with 2 of my disks). I have since been able to get some data to move and i think if i clear some space on the two full disk the rest will go as well.

Thanks for your help Rajahal.

Regards,

Adz