Machine Check Events/Unexpected Restarts

gStone82

Twice in the last month my server has restarted unexpectedly with the Fix Common Problems plugin reporting Machine Check Events detected. After the first time I ran a full memtest with no results. Yesterday the server again restarted with MCEs. I've attached both a diagnostics pulldown as well as my syslog server backup which I setup after the first restart. Unfortunately the backup doesn't seem to have any useful information at the time of the restart (Dec 16 ~18:37) I believe due to it crashing entirely. Non-persistent syslog on recovery reports the following mcelog errors:

Dec 16 18:38:01 gStone-Plex  mcelog: failed to prefill DIMM database from DMI data
Dec 16 18:38:01 gStone-Plex  mcelog: Kernel does not support page offline interface
Dec 16 18:38:01 gStone-Plex  mcelog: Running trigger `unknown-error-trigger' (reporter: unknown)
Dec 16 18:38:01 gStone-Plex mcelog: CPU 3 on socket 0 received unknown error
Dec 16 18:38:01 gStone-Plex mcelog: Location: CPU 3 on socket 0

I have some suspicions that the error is related to VM virtualization but I can't confirm that. Any assistance in getting to the bottom of this would be much appreciated. I had assumed that my memory was going bad but after the memtest I'm beginning to think it is CPU related.

Thanks!

gstone-plex-diagnostics-20221216-2222.zip syslog-192.168.1.48.log

Edited by gStone82