Couple of questions about hardlinks

Goku

I set up my server about 2 months ago and thought I had set up hardlinks correctly using the TRaSH guide: https://trash-guides.info/Hardlinks/Hardlinks-and-Instant-Moves/. Apparently I didn't because some files are hardlinked but a bunch aren't. I've done some tinkering and I'm pretty sure I've fixed the problem so hardlinks are now working when I download media. I'm using 'find /path/to/media -type f -links 1' in order to see which files aren't hardlinked, but I had a couple of questions. Will I have to redownload all these movies/tv shows again? I've tried deleting the files that were copied into my media but leaving the torrent files, then redownloading the show on Sonarr, and but I think because it's checking and not downloading, the show doesn't come up in the activity tab. I also tried deleting an episode from a season of a series and that still didn't work. Is there any other way I can trigger it to check the torrent file and then do a hardlink? Or even do it manually myself?

Thanks for any help that you guys can provide! :)