Cache for remote share?

I'm running out of room in my box for more hard drives.  I'd like to spin up a second Unraid instance on an old machine I already have and throw in some old drives I already have.  I will need to learn how to setup Sonarr/Radarr to work with multiple folders, but the bigger question for now is how I manage the time required to transfer files.  Presently, I have /movies cached (Yes), such that as soon as Sab pull the movie down, Radarr moves it from nvme to nvme, which is very fast.   If have to wait for Radarr to move a 10 GB file over the LAN, the family will be waiting a very long time before it's imported/ready on movie night.  It would be better if I could somehow cache the remote movies folder and let mover move the file at 3 am like it presently works.  Is that possible?  Alternatively, is there any way to just add the remote share to my current array, or at least add the storage space?

Maybe I'll just manually move the movies I already have to the share and keep sab and radarr working on the current array as I have it presently.  I'll need to be sure there's additonal space on the remote server in case radarr upgrades one of the old movies it is monitoring.  I wonder if there's a way to mass move movies in radarr.

Is this how the big guys do it?  Am I thinking about this all wrong?

Edited by bumpkin