[Support] Signal-API Template

Hi,

I've created a Community Apps template for the great docker container signal-cli-rest-api developed by bbernhard.

All credit for the application goes to bbernhard.

Any issues with the template, please feel free to reach out here and I will be willing to assist where able. This template is what has worked for me to get the container up and running on Unraid and able to send messages/notifications to myself.

For issues with the application itself, the github repo is here: https://github.com/bbernhard/signal-cli-rest-api

Thanks!

Warieon

Edited by warieon
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Im having trouble getting this to work.

i finally was able to register the signal-cli to my phone number then it unlinked my phone and PC.  i thought crap, not right.  so i rejoined on my phone and pc and went into the cli and linked my phone with the generated qr code.  which by the way seemed like there should be more tutorial on that, as a novice on this stuff.  it shows as a linked device on my phone now called signal-api which i understand is the default name.  no problem.

however when i try to send messages or perform any other tasks, such as listDevices from the CLI it says "INFO  AccountHelper - The Signal protocol expects that incoming messages are regularly received.
Error while checking account ACCOUNT: [401] Authorization failed!"

where ACCOUNT is my phone number.

when i tried listGroups it says User ACCOUNT is not registered

should this device be set as primary and i need to LINK my phone and PC to it?  or what am i doing wrong?