How can I change the location where Named volumes are stored? Trying to install Nextcloud AIO and I don't want everything stored in my docker img

Go to solution Solved by relink,

The title pretty much says it all. I am trying to install the Nextcloud-AIO container from CA which insists on using a named volume to store pretty much everything except your personal files. From my understanding Unraid by default will store named volumes inside the docker.img which I absolutely do not want to do. 

The Nextcloud AIO github has a "manual install" process that supposedly allows you to use a bind mount instead, however the manual install breaks nearly every feature that makes the AIO setup so nice in the first place. So that seems kind of pointless. 

I have already searched the forums and everyone keeps sharing this link to a install guide;
https://myunraid-ru.translate.goog/nextcloud-aio/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=de&_x_tr_pto=wapp
However, nowhere in this guide is this issue addressed. 

• Solution
7 hours ago, szaimen said:

you cannot change it to not use volumes for data to be stored

I didn't want to change that, I know I cant use a bind mount or anything like that, I already went down that rabbit hole. All I want is to store the named volume somewhere other than inside my docker.img file. 

EDIT:
So I was completely unaware that in Unraid 6.9 the ability to get rid of the Docker img file and use a directory instead was introduced. That completely solves this issue right there. I'll just screenshot what containers I'm currently running and migrate over to using a directory instead of a vDisk. So long as everything goes well, then problem solved. 

Edited by relink