Unraid crashing while using a Gaming VM

Go to solution Solved by BananeBleue,

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance for your help.

I've looked a lot of topic that seems similar to mine and tested many things but the problem is still there.

Here's my problem : Everytime I launch a game on a Windows 11 VM (same on Windows10), it just crash the whole Unraid system after a few seconds. (My remote session just freeze and the server physically reboot itself). It happens sometimes while just "chilling" on this VM, it can crash randomly when I'm using File Explorer or Google Chrome or anything else but most of the time it happens when launching a game so I think it's a GPU problem. If I use Virtual Graphics Car there's absolutely no crash, it happens only when I passthrough the GPU.

Here's my hardware (everything is brand new) :

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
Cooler: Noctua NH-U12A
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x16Gb DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M Mortar Wifi
GPU : AMD Radeon RX 6600
Storage : 3x12Tb IronWolf Pro
Cache : SSD Western Digital RED SA500 1Tb
Alimentation: Seasonic CORE GOLD GM 500W 80+
Case: Fractal Design Node 804

Dockers installed : NginxProxyManager, MariaDB, Nextcloud, Lomorage (this one is never running, not fully configured for now)

Plugins installed : Community Applications, docker.patch, Fix Common Problems, My Servers, NerdTools 

Here's what I tested :
- Unraid up to date (6.11.5)
- Drivers all up to date (AMD RX 6600 Drivers 23.3.2)
- Windows up to date (22621.1413 - 03/2023)
- All dockers stopped and safe mode doesn't change anything
- xml edit VM multifunction
- vbios installed (no header to remove as it's AMD)
- Checked RAM (got 32Gb available on the whole server, allowing 4Gb, 8Gb or anything else for the VM doesn't change anything)
- i440fx/Q35 doesn't change anything
- This doesn't looks like AMD reset bug
- Disabled C-States globally / "Power Supply Idle Control" set to "Typical Current Idle" as it's Ryzen based
- I've never overclocked anything

Should I test :
- Add pcie_no_flr=1022:149c,1022:1487 to the syslinux.cfg file ?
- Add video=efifb:off to the syslinux.cfg file ?

I have included diagnostics file if you need anything else to help me resolve this problem, I will provide it.

nas-diagnostics-20230323-1259.zip

I've had this issue as well here in the last 2-3 months. I'm not sure what's causing the crashes but certain games really seem to piss the Hypervisor off. Valheim and Fortnite are 2 of them specifically. One change I did make is to hard set the framerate in the game and while it seems to have helped the frequency, it's still pretty poor.

4 hours ago, dustind said:

I've had this issue as well here in the last 2-3 months. I'm not sure what's causing the crashes but certain games really seem to piss the Hypervisor off. Valheim and Fortnite are 2 of them specifically. One change I did make is to hard set the framerate in the game and while it seems to have helped the frequency, it's still pretty poor.

I tested Hollow Knight which is not so demanding and I couldn't even start the game, it just crashed on the menu everytime.