6.11.5 - igc 0000:09:00.0 eth0: PCIe link lost [Ryzen 9 7950X] [SOLVED]

Go to solution Solved by Ruepic,

Hello - I recently migrated my unraid server to some new hardware. I am using the built in 2.5Gig network interface on the motherboard. Unraid initially boots fine and I can start the array, then after about 20-30 minutes, the server cannot be accessed through the network anymore (physical connection w/monitor works fine). I exported the syslog and it appears to be a IGC error of some kind. The error in question is from line 8-40 in the file. I have tried a different network cable. Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

New Relevant Hardware:
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core/32-Thread
ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-E GAMING WIFI 6E Socket AM5
Kingston FURY Beast 64GB (2x32GB) DDR5 5600MHz

Edit:

Solution: The IGC error appears to be related to a power management feature that suspends the network interface after some time. It is supposed to "wake" but this feature does not work with the many current linux kernals. In order to fix the issue, I had to disable these power management features by appending these two startup parameters in the unraid /syslinux/syslinux.cfg file.

pcie_port_pm=off

pcie_aspm.policy=performance

The entire line should read "append initrd=/bzroot pcie_port_pm=off pcie_aspm.policy=performance"

This is clearly more of a work-around than a fix, but its what worked for me so far. This reddit thread helped a lot:

syslog

Edited by CoolHam
Added Solution
  • CoolHam changed the title to 6.11.5 - igc 0000:09:00.0 eth0: PCIe link lost [Ryzen 9 7950X] [SOLVED]