AMD system + unRaid concerns: what's the current status?

Hello, 

I've been wanting (for a while now) to build a full AMD system (something along the lines of a Ryzen 7900x3D with a 7900XTX) however i have concerns about power at idle and stability preventing me from actually making the move over to unraid.

Regarding power at idle, it's nothing new that Intel has a clear advantage here (though I did read that downclocking and reducing the soc power voltage did help reduce amd consumption at idle). I'm also wondering whether it is possible to fully power-off the GPU when the VM is off to further reduce power consumption? (I'd be using the amd igpu for unraid and the gpu only for VM). 

Meanwhile, when it comes to stability, I still have concerns regarding AMD c-states and gpu's old reboot bug that have always shown issue with Linux-based distributions (unraid included). 

Ideally I'd like to be able to maintain power-at-idle below 50w while spinning down drives. If that's really not possible, I guess I'll have no other choice than to go for an Intel 13900k + nvidia gpu build (though I really hate the idea of paying an overpriced nvidia gpu T.T).

Please feel free to share your experience especially if you have an AMD build on a recent unraid build. This represent a substantial financial investment for me since I'm considering spending about 5k€ on this build between the components and hard drives so obviously I'd like to make sure I'm not going to ruin myself here :<

Thanks in advance. Any help is appreciated.