Upgraded server and having issues with graphics card

Hello,

Upgraded my server from Z490 i3-10100 to a Z790 i5-13600k. All went perfect, booted straight away including VMs. Still running an old ASUS RX470 from the old to the new.

After a clean power cycle, my Windows 10 VM would boot to a black screen (VNC was fine). Tried creating a Windows 11 VM and all went fine, figured it was time to upgrade anyway.

Everything runs fine except Epic Games will not open at all (Unsupported Graphics Card error) and some games on Steam will not open (Could not initialize graphics system).

Googling these brings me to two outcomes - Windows trying to use integrated graphics instead of graphics card and/or an issue with DirectX.

I have tried updating the drivers, rolling back drivers, running the VM with no VNC option, checking DirectX version, etc.

Running straight through VNC and disabling the card runs the games fine (obviously laggy through VNC though) so I believe it is an issue with the graphics card or passthrough.

Feel like this is going to be an easy fix I am just not seeing or possibly my GPU isnt compatible with the new MOBO (unlikely considering it launched fine on first run).

Thanks in advance for any help.