White progress dialog when updating dockers and plugins

Hi,

I've run into a weird problem. Actually, I've had this problem for a while now, but it's now gotten to the point where it is really starting to annoy me.

At home I have an unRAID 6.9.2 server that should probably be upgraded, but it's working mostly fine so I don't want to rock the boat too much. The server is accessible from wherever I am via Tailscale (previously via VPN), so naturally I administer it from work, as that's when I actually have the time to do such things.

At work I have a 6.11.5 server that's basically just a backup dump site for data I prefer not to lose.

However, whenever I create/modify/update a docker container or a plugin on my home server from work, I get a white progress dialog on my screen in lieu of the output from the commands being ran in the background. Everything works, it's just not able to show me what it's doing.

Screenshot:

image.thumb.png.0f9ba1759e857bbd538baec807912eb3.png

The most curious thing is that it works fine when I'm at home. Always has. It's just when I use my workstation in the office that this happens.

As you can see in the screenshot, there is a light band that goes across the screen. I get that at home too, but at least the progress dialog shows what's going on. That band is only visible on the home 6.9.2 server, not on the work 6.11.5 server.

At work I'm using the latest version of Firefox on Windows 10 22H2. I do have a number of addons installed, all of which have been disabled and then reenabled one by one to see if I could catch the offender. No luck.

It's the same in Chrome and Vivaldi. All browsers have been run in private/incognito mode and there is no change in behaviour.

The backup 6.11.5 server does not display such anomalies in behaviour.

Workstation:

Dell Precision Tower 3620

Core i7-6700

64GB ram

Nvidia Quadro M2000 graphics card

Windows 10 22H2

Firefox 112 with these addons:

• AdBlocker Ultimate
  • Bitwarden
  • cookies.txt
  • Dark Reader
  • Facebook container
  • Honey
  • I still don't care about cookies
  • Return Youtube Dislike
  • SponsorBlock for YouTube
  • Tampermonkey
  • Torrent Control
  • Translate Now
  • uBlock Origin
  • Privacy badger
  • Sync tab groups

Home laptop:

Lenovo Thinkpad T480s

Core i7-8665

40GB ram

Onboard Intel graphics

Linux Mint 20.3

Firefox 112 with these addons:

• AdBlocker Ultimate
  • Bitwarden
  • cookies.txt
  • Dark Reader
  • Facebook container
  • Honey
  • I still don't care about cookies
  • Return Youtube Dislike
  • SponsorBlock for YouTube
  • Tampermonkey
  • Torrent Control
  • Translate Now
  • uBlock Origin
  • Privacy badger
  • Sync tab groups

The Google machine indicates that this is a problem that has persisted for quite a few years and that reportedly was fixed back in the 6.3/6.4 days, so I'm wondering what has triggered this on my computer. And, more importantly, how to make it go away.