[SOLVED] Disk 1 Failed/Disabled (re-added to array) but still shows unsupported

Go to solution Solved by SomeoneOnLine,

So I had a drive go TU in my array. Lucky I have at least a single parity drive. I did the below which now the drive shows green with no errors it still shows it's unmountable as it not formatted. It looks like it wants me to format it which I have not done yet. Basically I have not replaced the failed drive yet. I plan to just not right now. the below completed without error (rebuilding data) took 15h.

Stop the array, unassign the disk, start the array in maintenance mode, stop it again, reassign the drive to the same slot. The idea is to start the array temporarily with the drive “missing” so it changes from “disabled” to “emulated” status, then to stop it and “replace” the drive to get it back to “active” status.

I understand that I should replace the drive and I will here soon but.....

Basically all the content on drive1 doesn't show in my array ever since it failed.

Im not sure what all happened. I never formatted the failed drive once it failed and went into disabled state. I just re-added it to the array and let it do a rebuild. rebuld finshed but looks like it still not mountable as the drive has no fs on it. but the picutres makes it look like its still XFS. Im confused. Is the data lost? The parity drive seems fine.

Prior to the drive failure, it was a 15TB array. now it shows as a 10TB array! :(

Is the data from Disk 1 lost?

image.thumb.png.ec6f7359748a94c7b4159ecf431d126a.png

image.thumb.png.d7af6d40cd1974711990861eeddd7cc0.png

Edited by SomeoneOnLine
  • SomeoneOnLine changed the title to [SOLVED] Disk 1 Failed/Disabled (re-added to array) but still shows unsupported