Red Ball - 5.0Beta9

I have been running 5.0beta9 for a couple of weeks without any issues.  I just swapped out my power supply and now have Disk 4 flagged with a Red Ball.

I have tried the "trust my parity procedure" as described by Tom in this post:

http://lime-technology.com/forum/index.php?topic=13866.msg131378#msg131378

I only ran the "mdcmd set invalidslot 99" and started the array as I believe that should set it correct, but that did not work, the disk is still Red and the array comes up as unprotected.

I have rebooted, swapped SATA and power cables, but nothing changes it from Red.  I have also run a SMART test and status and everything passed and looks normal.  How can I get Disk 4 back into my array?

My syslog of a fresh boot is attached, please help!

syslog-2011-08-22-2.zip

I found in another thread the steps to get the drive back into the array:

1. Unassign Red drive from array

2. Start array with Red drive (Disk 4 in my case) unassigned.

3. Stop Array

4. Re-assign Red Drive back to array.

5. Start array

Upon doing this, you are forced to rebuild the disk, which is not the preferred solution.  I tried the "mdcmd set invalidslot 99" command before hitting start, but that did not work, the drive went into the rebuild state.  Luckily the drive rebuilt without any issues; however this is not the way it worked in the 4.x series.

Is there not a way to do the "trust my parity" procedure in the 5.0beta series?

• 1 year later...

Just a notification for completeness, since this thread is now linked from elsewhere, UnRAID v5.0-rc10 includes a fix for the "mdcmd set invalidslot" command, which has not worked for most of the v5.0 beta series.  It is assumed that the Trust My Array procedure should work again.  The v5.0-rc10 change log includes the following:

emhttp: fix issue where user-entered "mdcmd set invalidslot" gets ignored upon array start