(v6.12.3) Jagger (Me..) Saying "Hello World"

Jagger

G'Day All,

Trying to following protocol....

Great to meet you... officially... (only site  I've posted on in years... )

Love the comment, "Came for the unraid, stayed for the VMs".

Really, I chose this platform since I already have a very full life outside of bits and bytes and just wanted something to work.... and maybe learn a little...

All good until 6.12 (not blaming unraid) and then the entire family decision to move to windows 11.....

The last 2 weeks of my life (solid - stopped all outside income btw......) has been a great but painful learning curve.

Can we please (administrators...I know that you are reading my first rant.. ) add a forum for windows (11??) .

Most of us use windows (I think). Windows 10 is fine. I got that under control. Windows 11 on the other hand is next generation BS.

I can't even do a fresh install of win11 on the same computer that was bought NEW! that I only installed windows 11 on. Maybe they are messing with the UEFI data.. IDK.. Current cost to the household is nearly 8K to get updated computers etc Grrrr. Might as well be bricks...

I tried the usual resets ( tcp, ip, netsh etc.. before trying to reinstall (on 2 different Gigabyte Motherboards BTW)  and get the same blue screen of death...... even wiped the c drive, reset the bios... etc... usual  blah blah...

All to make Unraid the core to the house server system. I'm not going to give up since unraid is exactly want I need from a home server....!

I haven't lost heart. Loosing patience...

Just a rant... Will post data if I figure out anything or come to a brick wall (like I am now).

Nice to meet you all, LOL,

Jagger

Hi Jagger.  I'm not sure how Windows is related to unRAID or how having unRAID and Windows is a problem.  I have some Windows machines and Android phones/tablets.  All work with unRAID through shares or syncthing.  And of course my TV and Roku using Plex in unRAID.  Everything is compatible.  Of course I don't have Windows 11 yet (trying to avoid for now).  Is there something in Windows 11 that won't work with unRAID?